Thursday, June 09, 2011

Aaron Hurst: Corporate Philanthropy for 10-Year-Olds: An Interview With Deloitte's Evan Hochberg

Aaron Hurst: Corporate Philanthropy for 10-Year-Olds: An Interview With Deloitte's Evan Hochberg: "I am proud of what I do, but I have trouble explaining it to my kids. I know you recently had to present to your kid's third-grade class for career day. How did that go?
I start from square one -- about how some kids don't have the opportunities they have and how and why companies could help. They all get that, the social impact angle. Then I use an example. If you were choosing an ice cream, and you knew it tasted just as good, and you knew that $1 out of the three or four dollars you spent would go to help a social issue, would you be more inclined to buy that brand? And they would. They got it. So, at least third graders understand the business case for corporate community involvemen"

No comments: