Monday, April 11, 2005

Local10.com - Money - Honor Loved One's Legacy By Sharing Inheritance

Local10.com - Money - Honor Loved One's Legacy By Sharing Inheritance: "What would you do if you just learned you were going to inherit $41 trillion?
snip snip>

During the course of settling her parent�s estate (her mother had died a few years earlier), Sharon had been thinking about a way to honor the legacy of her parents. She wanted to make sure her contributions would go to organizations that were worthy of the gifts.
In my reply, I shared a couple of Web sites with Sharon to help her accomplish the research goal. I then went one step further. I encouraged her to do something that is often overlooked when one is dealing with the details and grieving process that is part of settling an estate. I suggested to her that she try and include her children in the contribution discussion."

No comments: