Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Welcome! - Donate Your Birthday

Welcome! - Donate Your Birthday: "Welcome to DonateYourBirthday.org!

'Hi, I'm Cole! When I was five, one of my best friend's younger sister had cancer. I asked my mom if I could give her all my birthday presents. She said I could help her by donating money to her family. So, at my birthday that year, I raised $121.00 by asking for money, not presents, for my birthday. Ever since I was five, I've donated my birthday to different organizations.'


Who are we? Donate Your Birthday is a small, nonprofit organization that started with one boy's idea to make his world a better place. The founder, Cole Hodges, and his cofounder, Joan Crown, Cole's Mom, want to use this web site to get other kids involved in their communities.
"

No comments: