Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: Need Your Help for a BlogHer Post: Kids and Philanthropy

From Beth Kanter's Blog

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: Need Your Help for a BlogHer Post: Kids and Philanthropy: "I'm working on what has become my annual holiday post at BlogHer on the topic: Helping kids understand why it is better to give than to receive.

I have many examples from my own children and those of Sharing Foundation stakeholders - many who are adoptive parents and have encouraged their children to give back to Cambodia. Take for example the lemon stand fundraiser. And, my own children have participated in many Cambodian fundraising projects and more recently Harry has taken to environmental activism and fundraising."

No comments: