Friday, February 13, 2009

Finding Purpose Through Philanthropy « Jewish Community Federation

Finding Purpose Through Philanthropy « Jewish Community Federation: "One of our new regular features at Challah Back is Meet the Board, where you get to “meet” this year’s YAD Board. Find out why so many people get involved in YAD and what inspires them!

While I have been in the Bay Area for 12 years, I only recently became involved with YAD a few years ago. After moving here, I became active in philanthropy work and in supporting the arts. I decided to change my focus as to how I was spending my time and where I giving back after my grandmother’s passing. It was at that time that I felt a strong need to get involved in the Jewish community and more importantly to stay connected to her in a meaningful way."

No comments: